We provide specialist legal advice on all aspects of wills and the necessary tax and financial planning to minimise the tax burden on death. Our lawyers assist clients in Essex, London and throughout the UK.
Unfortunately more than 60% of those who die each year don’t leave a will. Therefore whatever your circumstances it is important to make a will, without one the law dictates who inherits your estate. This may mean that those you leave behind are inadequately provided for and that your estate may pass to those whom you would not wish to benefit. Without a will a cohabitee may have no right to live in your house and a stepchild will not inherit.
Our lawyers working with chartered tax and chartered financial advisors can assist you in dealing with the big issues:
- How to provide for children from a previous marriage
- Protection from care home fees
- Inheritance tax planning
- How to appoint guardians for your children
- Who is to look after money for underage beneficiaries, and at what age you wish them to inherit
- How to safeguard a disabled child
- Succession planning relating to partnerships and companies whether these are farms or other types of businesses
- Heritage assets
- Overseas assets
- Changing a will
- Laws of intestacy
Many people are surprised how inexpensive it is to make a will - we are happy to discuss our fees in advance.
Your will is probably the most important document you will ever sign – let our team of specialists help you get it right.
For further information please contact a member of our private client team.