We are widely recognised by other professionals for our expertise in farming matters.
We have advised farming families and farming businesses in South East England for more than 130 years on a wide range of legal issues as they affect farming. Our senior partner is involved in practical family farming and we understand the concerns of farmers and landowners. We talk your language. Typical areas in which we are asked to advise are:
- The purchase, sale and leasing of farm land
- Wayleave agreements and access agreements with utilities for major infrastructure projects
- Partnership agreements
- Succession planning
- Divorce and its impact on the farming business
- The diversification of farming businesses to provide alternative income streams
- Contract farming and share farming agreements
- The letting of cottages and buildings
For further information please contact Christopher Hayward or Simon Fothergill.